Please get in touch to request a copy of these T&C in pdf format.
San Ging Terms and Conditions.
Upon receipt of payment it will be deemed that guests have accepted these terms and conditions. Any breach in these terms may result in guests being asked to leave and/or the bond being retained. The lead person named on the booking must be over 18 and accepts responsibility for adhering to them.
Making a booking: Weekly lets are usually from Friday to Friday or Monday to Monday. Short break lets are usually from Friday to Monday or Monday to Friday. Changeover days may vary over bank holiday periods. Bookings are usually accepted for 7 nights only during peak periods. To make a booking guests must confirm their contact details and provide a home address, and pay a 25% booking deposit. The balance is due 6 weeks before your stay. No invoice will be issued. For bookings made within 6 weeks of arrival the full amount is required. Prices and discounts are displayed on the current price list and San Ging website, please ask if you require further information. Prices are regulated by San Ging regardless of where advertised. No discounts will apply if the booking is made through an online booking agency eg HomeAway, other than the Innstyle reservation system.
Occupancy: The house accommodates no more than 8 people in bed spaces + 1 baby/small child. This shall not be exceeded except by permission of the owner. Bookings will not be accepted for groups of people under the age of 18. Pets are not accepted at San Ging. The house is let under a licence to occupy for the agreed period and for the purpose of a holiday. The owner shall have access at any reasonable time for essential purposes as necessary. Please be aware that most of the residents in the cul-de-sac are full time residents and avoid creating any disturbance for them.
Damage bond: Guests are expected to treat the property and its contents respectfully. For first time guests a £200 housekeeping bond is required in addition to the balance and will be returned providing the house is left in a satisfactory condition. If the house is left in a condition which requires additional cleaning beyond the usual level, a housekeeping charge of £50 will be deducted from the £200. In any case where subsequent cleaning/maintenance is required eg carpets, redecorating, replacing large items, etc the full £200 may be retained or an invoice presented as appropriate. Missing items will be treated in the same way. Damage to small items eg glasses, crockery will not be charged for. Please report all damages and maintenance issues as soon as possible so they can be rectified. Departure information is provided in the Welcome folder in the house and should be noted.
Payment: Preferred payment method is by bank transfer or deposit, sort code: 40-47-62, acc. 58768781, account in the name of Helen Ball. Please use your and last name as a reference and advise me that you have made the payment. Payment may also be made via card payment, please contact me and I will issue a payment request. Please note, the returnable damage bond is not payable by card payment.
Cancellation: If it becomes necessary to cancel your booking please notify me as soon as possible. The period will be made available again and if a booking is taken 75% of the amount received from you will be refunded, the remaining 25% being retained as an admin charge. No refund will be given after arrival. If it becomes necessary for the owner to cancel the booking for any reason in advance of your stay, as much notice will be given as possible and any payments received will be refunded in full. If cancellation becomes necessary before the balance is due you may be offered an opportunity to postpone with no admin charge. It is recommended that you take out insurance for your stay.
Arrival: is from 4.00pm. Full arrival details, including the key safe code, will be given upon receipt of full contact details including a residential address, balance payment and housekeeping bond. Departure is by 10.00am unless previously agreed otherwise.
Price includes cleaning prior to arrival, central heating, gas, hot water, electricity and use of wifi.
Complaints procedure: Any complaints should be made in writing to myself. If the issue cannot be resolved please forward to Visit England Assessment Services or the Keswick Tourism Association.
During the Covid 19 pandemic you must have also seen and acknowledged the document titled “Protocols during Covid 19”.
• The property will be available from 4.00pm on the day of arrival. If guests arrive before then and preparation is complete, entry is permitted. If preparation is not complete guests may leave their belongings in the utility room and go out until preparation is complete.
• The key is in a key safe beside the front door. The code will be given to you on receipt of full contact details including residential address, balance payment and returnable bond if requested.
• Parking is on the drive or in the garage. Please try not to park on the road or in the turning circle.
• Bedding: The master bedroom room has one king size bed with a king size duvet, the upper double bedroom has one king size bed with a king size duvet, the twin room has two standard size single beds with single duvets and the bunk beds are standard size single beds with single duvets. The duvets are standard 10.5 tog. During the Covid pandemic the bedding (duvets and pillows) will be disinfected between guests with a spray disinfectant. The pillowcase protectors and mattress protectors will be rotated/laundered between guests. Bed linen can be provided as usual but please bring your own towels and bathmats. We will provide tea towels and oven gloves. If you would prefer to bring your own bed linen (sheets, pillow cases and duvet covers) I will make a refund to you of £40. The house bedding (duvets and pillows) will be available if you require them or you may bring your own. Please advise me of your requirements in advance of your stay so that I may leave/remove the bedding as appropriate. If at any time during your stay you need anything else please get in touch.
• The house is cleaned and beds made up prior to your arrival. For guests staying for two weeks a mid-stay freshen up to include fresh bed linen is usually included. If any further cleaning or clean bed linen is required at any other time please contact me. Mid-stay freshen ups are not provided during the Covid pandemic.
• Please vacate the property by 10.00am on departure. Failure to comply with the departure instructions may result in an additional cleaning charge being taken. It is important to remember the house is prepared for you as opposed to being cleaned up after you.
• Guests wishing to use the multifuel burner provide their own fuel.
• Young children: A travel cot, high chair and stair gate for the top of the main staircase are available. Families are most welcome at San Ging however supervision is expected.
• The house is a split-level property and therefore has a few more stairs than usual. This may pose difficulties for anyone with limited mobility. Please see the website for further details of the layout of the house.
• The owner expects that guests respectfully do not smoke inside the house.
• It is important that you read the Welcome information on arrival which has details regarding heating, waste collection, wifi, and includes departure information. This can be emailed to you in advance of your stay upon request.
• Guest satisfaction: If anything is not to your satisfaction on arrival or if you encounter any problems or have any queries during your stay, please get in touch and I will do my best to remedy it for you as quickly as possible.
• Please direct all correspondence to myself.