San Ging Terms & Conditions & Other Information
Upon receipt of payment it will be deemed that guests have accepted these terms and conditions. Any breach in these terms may result in guests being asked to leave and/or the bond being retained. The lead person named on the booking must be over 18 and accepts responsibility for adhering to them. These terms and conditions also apply to bookings made via third party with the exception of the cancellation terms which may vary.
Making a booking: Weekly lets are usually from Friday to Friday or Monday to Monday. Short break lets are usually from Friday to Monday or Monday to Friday. Changeover days may vary over bank holiday periods. During the off peak months a flexible booking system may be operated with any day start and any length of stay. To make a booking guests must confirm their contact details and provide a residential address, and pay a 30% booking deposit. The balance is due 6 weeks before your stay. For bookings made within 6 weeks of arrival the full amount is required. Prices and discounts are displayed on the current price list and San Ging Keswick website reservation system, please ask if you require further information. Prices are regulated by San Ging Keswick regardless of where advertised. No discounts will apply if the booking is made through an online booking agency eg Vrbo, other than the Innstyle reservation system.
Occupancy: The house accommodates no more than 8 people in bed spaces + 1 baby/small child. This shall not be exceeded except by permission of the owner. Bookings will not be accepted for groups of people under the age of 18. Due to the open layout of the house and garden, Pets are not accepted at San Ging. The house is let under a licence to occupy for the agreed period and for the purpose of a holiday. The owner shall have access at any reasonable time for essential purposes as necessary. Please be aware that most of the residents in the cul-de-sac are full time residents and avoid creating any disturbance for them.
Damage bond: Guests are expected to treat the property and its contents respectfully. For first time guests a £200 damage bond is required in addition to the balance and will be returned providing the house is left in a satisfactory condition. If the house is left in a condition which requires additional cleaning beyond the usual level, an additional housekeeping charge of £50 will be deducted from the £200. In any case where subsequent cleaning/maintenance/replacements are required eg carpets, redecorating, or replacing bedding or large items, etc the full £200 may be retained or an invoice presented as appropriate. Missing items will be treated in the same way. Damage to small items eg glasses, crockery will not be charged for. Please report all damages and maintenance issues as soon as possible so they can be rectified.
Departure information is provided in the Welcome information in the house and should be noted. Failure to leave the house in a satisfactory condition may incur charges.
Payment: Preferred payment method is by bank transfer, details will be provided upon request. Payment may also be made via card payment, please contact me and I will issue a payment request via the Innstyle reservation system. For bookings made via an online booking platform such as Vrbo, payment is through that party and San Ging Keswick is not responsible for their charges or payment collection. Please note, the returnable damage bond is paid directly to San Ging Keswick and is not payable by card payment.
Cancellation: If it becomes necessary to cancel your booking please notify me as soon as possible. Bookings may be cancelled up to 7 days before arrival. Guests may receive the opportunity to postpone or be offered a 50% refund. No refund will be issued within 7 days of arrival. If cancellation becomes necessary before the balance is due you may be offered an opportunity to postpone with no admin charge subject to availability and price adjustments. Should it become necessary for the owner to cancel the booking for any reason then as much notice will be given as possible and any payments received will be refunded in full. It is recommended that you take out insurance for your stay.
Arrival: is from 4.00pm. Full arrival details, including the key safe code, will be given upon receipt of full contact details including a residential address, balance payment and damage bond. Departure is by 10.00am unless previously agreed otherwise.
Price includes cleaning prior to arrival, bed linen, towels, central heating, hot water, gas and electricity, and use of Wi-Fi. Electric vehicles should be charged via the EVCP only. Information is provided.
Fire risk and procedures: It is guests’ responsibility to make themselves aware of the Fire procedures. These can be requested at any time, and are displayed in the Welcome folder and utility room.
Complaints procedure: Any complaints should be made in writing to myself. If the issue cannot be resolved please forward to Visit England Assessment Services or the Keswick Tourism Association.
- The property will be available from 4pm on the day of arrival. If guests arrive before then and preparation is complete, entry is permitted. If preparation is not complete guests may leave their belongings in the utility room and go out until preparation is complete.
- The key is in a key safe beside the front door. The code will be given to you on receipt of full contact details including residential address, balance payment and returnable bond if requested.
- Parking is on the drive or in the garage. Please try not to park on the road or in the turning circle. An EV charge point is installed for guest use. Electric bikes should be stored and charged in the garage only to minimise fire risk.
- Bedding: The master bedroom room has one king size bed with a king size duvet, the upper double bedroom has one king size bed with a king size duvet, the twin room has two standard size single beds with single duvets, and the bunk beds are standard size single beds with single duvets. The duvets are all standard 10.5 tog or 4.5 tog either good quality synthetic or feather filling. If you have an allergy please let me know. Bed linen is provided. If you would prefer to bring your own bed linen (sheets, pillow cases and duvet covers) I will make a refund to you of £40. Towels are provided (hand and bath towel per person), also bathmats, tea towels and oven gloves. If at any time during your stay you need anything please get in touch.
- The house is cleaned and beds made up prior to your arrival. For guests staying for two weeks a mid-stay freshen up to include fresh bed linen is usually included. If any further cleaning or clean bed linen is required at any other time please contact me.
- Please vacate the property by 10am on departure. Failure to comply with the departure instructions displayed in the Welcome information may result in an additional cleaning charge being taken. It is important to remember the house is prepared for you, as opposed to it being cleaned up after you!
- Guests wishing to use the multifuel burner provide their own fuel. The house is centrally heated with underfloor heating.
- Young children: A travel cot, highchair and stair gate for the top of the main staircase are available. Families are most welcome at San Ging however supervision is expected.
- The house has a semi-open layout and is split-level, and therefore has a few more stairs than usual. This may pose difficulties for anyone with limited mobility. Please see the website for further details of the layout of the house.
- Guests respectfully should not smoke inside the house.
- It is important that you read the Welcome information on arrival which has details regarding heating, waste collection, wifi, and includes departure information. This can be emailed to you in advance of your stay upon request.
- The Spa membership is now discontinued.
- Guest satisfaction: If anything is not to your satisfaction on arrival or if you encounter any problems or have any queries during your stay, please get in touch and I will do my best to remedy it for you as quickly as possible.
- Please direct all correspondence to myself details below.
Helen Ball, www.sangingkeswick.co.uk, Tel. 07720 034494 / 017687 28500, email email@example.com